Our mission is to promote excellence in research, education and care for all at Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center (Zuckerberg San Francisco General).
Our vision is to provide Zuckerberg San Francisco General with the financial resources needed to ensure it remains the Heart of Our City and one of the nation’s finest public hospitals, delivering exceptional comprehensive healthcare and trauma services to anyone in need.
San Francisco General Hospital Foundation plays a critical fundraising role, established as an independent 501(c)3 charitable support organization for Zuckerberg San Francisco General. By raising private support to augment public funding, the Foundation is a model for successful public-private partnerships. Privately raised funds are used for patient services, facilities, equipment purchases, and for research efforts. The Foundation is entirely self-sustaining.
What we do:
- Facilitate and maintain strong relationships with funders
- Provide financial management for both restricted and unrestricted gifts
- Monitor and ensure that the hospital achieves measurable results and programmatic outcomes
- Serve as the responsible fiscal agent for multiple large foundation grants and private individual gifts
- Negotiate and manage capital improvement contracts
- Contract all hospital vending services, which fund the hospital’s volunteer program
- Provide seed money for hospital projects and initiatives that would otherwise go unfunded through Hearts Grants