Hearts Grants Program
By awarding Hearts Grants, San Francisco General Hospital Foundation proudly provides funding for innovative projects and initiatives that might otherwise go unfunded at Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center (Zuckerberg San Francisco General). The Hearts Grants Program is supported through the Foundation’s Annual Fund and Hearts Signature Events—Heroes & Hearts and Hearts After Dark.
Since 2004, the Hearts Grants Program has awarded over 400 grants totaling more than $10 million. View a complete list of 2016 Hearts Grants Recipients.
- Determine Your Eligibility (review the Funding Interests and Priorities below).
- Watch instructional video
- Apply online through Common Grants Application
If you have any questions or need help with your application, please contact email@example.com.
The 2016 Hearts Grants Committee encourages applicants to:
- Promote and support Zuckerberg San Francisco General’s True North Goal
- Improve services and directly impact patient care
- Require a short-term investment for long-term impact
- Identify a compelling issue or problem that requires a solution
- Present a well-developed case for the proposed solution, and explain why the issue or problem proposed represents a good use of Hearts Grants Funds
- Include realistic and achievable evaluation tools and metrics
- Have a clear and realistic plan to financially sustain the project beyond the grant period (after June 30, 2017)
- Are clearly written and easy to follow
The 2016 Hearts Grants Committee is not intended to support:
- Programs that have already received event sponsor designated funding through the 2016 HEROES & HEARTS and HEARTS AFTER DARK events
- Projects that have received a prior Hearts Grant from the Foundation
- Basic scientific and/or clinical research
- Institutional overhead or indirect costs
- Capital equipment for Building 25, the new acute care and trauma building
|March 21, 2016||Application is available online|
|May 1, 2016||Application deadline at 11:59pm|
|July 2016||Applicants are notified and grant period begins|
|June 30, 2016||Grant period ends|
|July 15, 2016||Grant recipients submit final evaluation report|
|August 12, 2016||Applicants are notified of grant selections|
|September 9, 2016||Hearts Grants Awards Ceremony|
|September TBD||Hearts Grants Workshop|
*All dates subject to change
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.