Construction for the new, seismically-safe, state-of-the-art acute care hospital is on budget and on schedule to open December 2015.
As one of the nation’s finest public hospitals, San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center is many things to many people.
- A lifeline in an emergency as the only trauma center (Level 1) serving San Francisco and Northern San Mateo counties and the hub of crisis response in a major disaster.
- A safety net for people in need, with 70% of inpatients uninsured or underinsured.
- An innovator in medical science and home to over $140 million in research grants per year.
- An educator for the next generation that conducts 32% of all UCSF resident training.
- An expert medical provider offering exceptional comprehensive care to 100,000 people every year with the expertise of UCSF faculty who serve as physicians at The General.
- A strong partner to UCSF for more than 130 years, working together to best serve San Franciscans.