The Foundation has raised more than $220 million to fund initiatives that support research, education and care at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center.
Every investment the Foundation makes:
- Contributes to the excellence of the hospital
- Supports programs that would not otherwise not receive funding
- Provides seed money to leverage additional support
Supported Initiatives Include:
- The Orthopedic Trauma Institute has grown into a world-renowned center for innovative research, training and care in orthopedic trauma with seed money from the Foundation.
- The Center for Vulnerable Populations conducts research to determine the best methods to prevent and treat chronic illnesses that affect those at highest risk.
- Psychiatric Emergency Services receives support for programs that help victims of violent trauma and their families break the cycle of violence.
- The Foundation receives support for fellowships for physicians including opportunities to enhance their training in working with underserved populations.
- The Foundation seeks support for the continuing education of nurses through the Dorothy Washington Scholarship Fund.
Care for All
- The Acute Care for the Elderly Program at ZSFG was made possible in part with support from the Foundation. This program seeks to reduce readmission of elderly patients, which represents 40% of all inpatients.
- Through the Foundation’s efforts, ZSFG is home to The Avon Comprehensive Breast Center, providing breast cancer early detection and support services to women from underserved populations.
- The Foundation provides funding for basic care items, space renovations, capital and equipment purchases to improve the care of all patients.