Corporate Partnerships Manager
San Francisco General Hospital Foundation is a dynamic and growing nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting research, education and care for all at the Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center (ZSFG). Zuckerberg San Francisco General is the only provider of trauma (Level 1) and 24-hour psychiatric emergency services for 1.5 million people in San Francisco and northern San Mateo counties.
A comprehensive medical center, Zuckerberg San Francisco General provides quality health care with compassion and respect to 100,000 inpatient and 500,000 outpatient visits per year, including some of San Francisco’s most vulnerable. In addition, Zuckerberg San Francisco General is one of the nation’s top tertiary academic medical centers conducting clinical training and research.
In 2016, Zuckerberg San Francisco General opened a brand new acute care hospital and the Foundation concluded a successful multi-million dollar capital campaign. This candidate will be joining the Foundation at an exciting time as it continues to grow and advance public health in San Francisco. For more information about the Foundation and Zuckerberg San Francisco General, please visit: sfghf.org.
Development and Corporate Partnerships
- Solicit and manage corporate event sponsorships for the annual celebration/fundraiser, Hearts in SF
- Manage a portfolio of existing corporate partnerships, striving to increase corporate revenue and engagement. Develop public co-branded awareness activities with corporate partners.
- Support Vice President, Development, Board/Events Chair, and volunteer leadership in cultivation, and stewardship efforts including meetings and materials preparation and follow up.
- In collaboration with the Foundation’s Development staff, create corporate cultivation and stewardship strategies that go beyond the Foundation’s signature event.
- Liaise with the Development team to prepare and submit letters of inquiry, sponsorship proposals for restricted gifts, and funding reports for new and existing sponsors of Hearts in SF.
- Prepare regular reports for the Vice President, Development, Chief Executive Officer, Board/Events Chair and volunteer leadership that detail progress towards goals.
Hearts in SF: Corporate Partner Engagement
- Work with Vice President, Development, Manager of Events and Foundation consultants to design and track corporate sponsorship benefits.
- Serve on the Event Steering Committee and provide input on corporate partner engagement.
- Work with the Finance team and Manager of Events to reconcile corporate sponsorship revenue.
- Work with Vice President, Marketing and Manager of Events to create event related giving opportunities and collateral.
- Manage the migration of sponsor, donor, attendee, and other event-related constituent data into Raiser’s Edge and tracked, invoiced and acknowledged in an appropriate and timely fashion.
Secondary Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the Vice President, Marketing to explore potential corporate partners for cause-marketing programs.
- As necessary, support content development for newsletters, website, social media, eNews, and assist with related communications.
- Coordinate logistics or provide support, in partnership with the Manager of Events and Development colleagues, for events such as:
- Hearts Grants Awards Ceremony
- Press events
- Corporate sponsor/partner volunteer and engagement activities
- Donor cultivation and stewardship events
- Foundation and Zuckerberg San Francisco General internal events
- Other community engagement events
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A creative and strong sense for strategic partnerships
- Proven success in providing superior support to Board Leaders and Event Committee Members
- Exceptional project management skills
- Experience managing a diverse portfolio of corporate prospects and donors, independently, and in coordination with a larger team of development professionals
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and responsive
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally as part of a cohesive team
- BA/BS or equivalent and minimum 4 to 6 years of directly related experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Raiser’s Edge, and Adobe Acrobat Pro,
- Available and willing to work evenings and weekends (as required)
- Outgoing and ambitious
- Skilled at managing up and driving action
- Motivated by ambitious goals and deadlines, and sources satisfaction through helping others achieve success
- Graceful and resilient under pressure; highly responsive, resourceful, and openminded
- Equally comfortable driving efforts from behind the scenes as in the spotlight
- Creative problem solver
- Confident, but gentle, negotiator
- Sense of urgency
- A strong sense of humor
- Knowledge of the nonprofit / public health sector through previous work experience
Compensation and Application Information
San Francisco General Hospital Foundation offers a competitive compensation package based upon experience, and benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance as well as professional development opportunities, 403(b) retirement plan, commuter discounts and vacation.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with your first and last name and Corporate Partnerships Manager in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applications, please refrain from telephone calls, visits, faxes or emails (other than submissions) to the Foundation directly.